The bunkers under Kraví hora (Cow Hill) are among the incomplete military structures from World War II. Their construction began in 1944. According to the preserved documentation, a large number of such facilities were to have been built in Kraví hora. To date, however, only two spaces have been discovered and identified, one of which has been open to the public after some modifications.

In the second half of 1944, intensive construction of anti-aircraft shelters was launched in the vicinity of Úvoz and Grohova streets on the slope of Kraví hora. At that time, German troops had stores of military materials and probably ammunition on Kraví hora. The danger of air raids was therefore more than probable in this part of Brno. Several anti-aircraft shelters were constructed in a convenient location on the slopes of Kraví hora by the specialised German air defence units Luftschutz and Technische Nothilfe. These units were mostly composed of Czech experts and mainly students working in forced labour in labour camps. Their task was to build a system of rectangular corridors in the rock face with several entrances and emergency exits, with good ventilation and systems addressing basic human needs.

Probably the most progress was made in the construction of the shelter at the mouth of what is now Jana Uhra Street at Úvoz Street, where approximately 350 metres of corridors with three entrances were built. The tunnels were 2.5 x 3 metres and were punched into the rock and held with temporary wooden reinforcements. After the end of World War II, it was decided to complete this bunker. In the early 1950s, after removing the timber reinforcement, work began on lining the corridors with concrete blocks. However, the work was suddenly stopped. It is not known why the civilian command of that time brought the work to an end.